The 22nd International Conference on Legal Knowledge and Information Systems
Rotterdam (The Netherlands), 17-18 December 2009
Due to numerous requests we decided to postpone the submission deadline to Monday 14 September 2009 11.59pm CET. Interested authors are encouraged to submit their abstracts by Friday 11 September 2009.
Call for Papers
For more than 20 years the Jurix Conference has provided an international forum for academics and practitioners in the field of legal informatics for sharing ideas and experiences on the representation of legal content and its representation in computer systems.
The 22nd edition of Jurix will be held in Rotterdam, and it will be organised by the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
We invite submission of original papers on the advanced management of legal information and knowledge (foundations, methods, tools, systems and applications), including but not limited to the following:
- systems supporting lawyers, in legal reasoning, document drafting, negotiation
- systems supporting the production and management of legislation, in agenda setting, policy analysis, drafting, work?ow management, monitoring implementation
- systems supporting the judiciary, in application of the law, analysis of evidence, management of cases
- systems supporting police activities, in forensic inquiries, search and evaluation of evidence, management of investigations
- systems supporting public administration, in applying regulations and managing information
- systems for the retrieval of legal information
- systems supporting legal education
- systems for digital-rights management
- systems supporting the acquisition, management or use of legal knowledge, using rules, cases, neural networks, intelligent agents or other methods
- systems supporting alternative dispute resolution, particularly on-line
- systems and methods to support regulatory compliance and compliance of business processes
- systems and method to support policies and legal issues for social networks
- theoretical foundations for the use of Arti?cial Intelligence in the legal domain
- models of legal knowledge, including concepts (legal ontologies), rules, cases, principles, values and procedures
- models of legal inference and argumentation
- methods for verifying and validating legal knowledge systems
- methods and techniques for managing legal information in the semantic web
- methods for managing organizational change when introducing legal knowledge systems
- XML standards for legal documents, including legislative, judicial, administrative acts as well as private documents, such as contracts
- methods for modelling the legal interactions of autonomous agents and digital institutions
Deadline for papers submission is September 7th, 2009. Papers should be submitted through the Jurix Conference Management System, using PDF, PostScript or Word format, and should not exceed 10 pages when formatted using the style ?les and guidelines in the Instructions for Authors. Author instructions and style sheets can be found at the IOS Press site.
The conference proceedings will be published by IOS Press (Amsterdam, Berlin, Oxford, Tokyo, Washington DC) in their series “Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications” before the Conference.
The Jurix conferences are held under the auspices of the Dutch Foundation for Legal Knowledge Systems.
Proposals for tutorials and workshops are invited and strongly encouraged. All proposals, including a short description of the topic, should be sent to the Program Chair by email.
September 11th, 2009 Deadline for submission of abstracts
September 14th, 2009 Extended deadline for submission of papers
September 14th, 2009 Deadline for submission of tutorials, workshops and demonstration proposals
October 5th, 2009 Notification of paper acceptance
October 19th, 2009 Camera-ready papers due
December 16th and 19th, 2009 Jurix Workshops/Tutorials
December 17-18, 2009 Jurix 2009 Main Confernce
You can contact us by sending an email to Guido Governatori or to Kees van Noortwijk
Program Committee Chair
Guido Governatori, NICTA, Australia
Organisation Committee Chair
Kees van Noortwijk, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands